Sunday, March 24, 2013

1.4: Starting the Process.

It had been a couple of days since Marilyn had gone to the doctors and found out the bad news. Dalton had been avoiding the baby talk since then, but this morning was different. He needed to get her motivated and peppy again, she hadn't even had a Sing-o-Gram in the few days. 



"So have you thought about adopting? I have the number for the agency in my phone. Everyone says they are very nice and understanding." After deciding for a few minutes how to approach the subject, he just flat out said it. Marilyn stopped eating for a moment, then continued. 
"Finally some peace! For once you don't have a word to say, now I am making you call the agency and you are going to do every Sing-o-Gram you get a call for. Understand young lady?"

 Marilyn put her fist on the table and started to wave her finger.
"I- uhm.." She stammered trying to get something out while Dalton snickered. For once she was speachless, he could get used to this.

 "Ya know, I think we should put some plotted plants in the living room. Maybe it would brighten everything up." Marilyn offered brightly.
"It would, having a little rugrat run around here would brighten up the room too." Dalton mumbled.

----------
Marilyn had thought it over and decided to at least give the agency a call. It couldn't hurt, well not too much. Her hands were sweaty and she was a nervous wreck, those three rings only took a few seconds but felt like an eternity.
"Hello, Sunset Valley adoption agency, this is Sadie speaking."
"Oh uhm hello. Who should I speak with to start the adoption process?"
"You're speaking with the right person, dear. Now I can tell you're nervous so I'll get you through this grueling process." The woman tried to lighten the mood.

 After a few minutes of silence, Sadie, the adoption woman, finally said something to the nervous Marilyn.
"It's standard that we set up a meeting and send someone out to your home. What day would be alright?"
"Oh! Well any day would be fine. My husband and I don't exactly have schedule jobs." Marilyn wasn't sure if that would hurt their chances of getting approved.
"Perfect, then it'll be a surprise drop in." Sadie didn't sound like anything was wrong so Marilyn took that as a good sign.

"Now I don't want to say too much over the phone since I'll be interviewing you soon, but we do have an adorable little boy. Since you're looking to adopt your first child I thought that he would best fit your new family. He's a sweet heart." Sadie said cautiously over the phone.
"I'd love to meet him!" Marilyn smiled excitedly, she didn't care whether the child was a boy or girl, toddler or child. She just wanted a little one to love.

"I can tell you're excited for this, and I'm glad you are. Taking care of a child is a huge responsibility, don't get too excited until after the interview. Anything could go wrong."
Marilyn's face dropped after hearing that, a million things started swimming around in her mind. Could they do this?
Her thoughts were reassured when Sadie took her silence as a chance to say something else.
"Though don't worry. Your husband has already sent in some paper work that he filled out and I am going over right now, so far I like you two. Now I have to be going, but be ready for me to stop by sometime between the two weeks."

Marilyn hung up the phone and just couldn't believe what just happened. Her dreams were really coming true, a little family of her own. Her brown eyes grew wide with excitement as she covered her mouth with her hand to keep from squealing to loud. She couldn't wait to tell Dalton.





~~~~~~~~~~
I'm back! I have spring break this week so I'm gonna be working on updating this more and hopefully getting ahead a few chapters. 
This week has been crap. Between taking my ACT, having a pretty rough break-up with my now ex-boyfriend whom I've been with for over 2 years, and being too busy playing other video games; I haven't had the patience to type anything.

So this one was a short little filler, most likely will be the next one or two before it gets better.  

3 comments:

  1. Horray! You're Back! Boo for life being sucky!
    Aw! I'm so glad Dalton was able to bring up adoption and that Marilyn took it so well. Good for both of them! And it sounds like Dalton had already gotten the ball rolling before Marilyn even made her first call. Hopefully Motherhood is all it's cracked up to be for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to be back. :3 This is exactly the distraction I need from life for a little bit.
      Dalton loves doing things behind Mars back. She's very stubborn and refuses to listen to him most of the time, so he takes charge. I'm not sure if they are ready to handle a child just yet, Dalton might have a break down.

      Delete
  2. :( BOOOO!! <- that's at your life, for being mean to you. *hugs*

    Aww, I'm excited about them getting a baby! But upset that it won't inherit the green hair. Hmph. Please can they have a child biologically too? I love that hairrrr!!!

    Love how Dalton went behind her back to the adoption agency, sneaky! What if she decided she didn't want to adopt? Luckily for him it didn't come to that...

    Can't wait to see their baby!
    (and welcome back!)

    ReplyDelete