Tuesday, March 26, 2013

1.5: The Interview.

The next few days were almost agonizing as Marilyn and Dalton waited for Sadie to show up and confirm if they would be able to be parents or not. Though things weren't as bad as they originally thought, it actually started off with some good news.


"So guess what?" Marilyn had been so excited to get home and tell her husband the good news about her work that it was almost hard to get it out.
"Yes dear?" Dalton smiled, he was just about to go clean out the sink and make dinner when Marilyn had bust through the door exclaiming she had some amazing news about work.
Marilyn rubbed her hands, almost getting nervous about saying it. "I uhm.. I got my first real gig!" She grinned  ear from ear at her husband in excitement.
"Congratulations love! I'm so proud." He smiled sheepishly, he really was proud of her.

"It's at Verde Park, on Thursday. Which is only two days away! I'm so nervous babe." Marilyn continued to talk on and on about her outfit and how nervous she was.
Dalton pretty much blocked out everything she said, his mind kept wondering to that dirty sink, did she not see it? He wasn't a very neat Sim, but come on that sink was pretty nasty and someone needed to clean it before it came alive.

"Dalton honey, are you even listening to me?"
"Yes, my perfect wife, I am listening very carefully to you." Dalton lied and put on the most charming smile he could, hoping it would distract her from asking what she was talking about.

When it was all said and done, he finally got to clean out that sink.
"Gah, this is disgusting! How did we let it get this bad? It should have started splitting rent with us."

----------
"How's everyone this afternoon?" Marilyn did a little sultry move on stage, thank god the old man in the audience didn't have a heart attack. Dalton, who was on the other side of the stage, just laughed and clapped, he loved watching his wife finally get to perform on a big stage.

----------
The next morning Marilyn heard a knock on the door. Sure enough Sadie had finally stop by for the interview and a little tour of the house.

With shaky hands Marilyn shook Sadies hand with a smile.
"Good morning, you're Marilyn?" Sadie sounded a little stern, but had a gentle smile on her face.
"Yes m'am, and you're Sadie?" Mar asked the ridiculous question proudly, Sadie just gave her a nod.

 "I heard you last night on stage, you were very interesting." Sadie smiled, "Don't worry, stuff like that won't count against you. So far my bosses and I like you very much, this interview is just routine."
Marilyn nodded and just listened. "Would you like to come inside now?" She tried not to seem too happy.

"You have a charming little home. I do hope you're planning on expanding if you want more than one child."
"My husband and I have actually been talking about that and once we get our money where we want it, we'll look more into expanding. Please have a seat."

"So how long have you and your husband been married?"
"A year now."
"Ha, still newly weds in my eyes. What does your husband do? I know that you're attempting to work your way up in the vocalist career."
"He's an alchemist. Since he's a witch, he thought it best to work with what he knows more."
"A witch. Aren't you worried that's dangerous to have a normal child around a witch parent who doesn't know how to take care of normal children?"
"Not at all. Are you implying my husband will be a horrible parent?" Marilyn found herself starting to get upset with this woman and leaned up in her chair. "Witch or not he will be fine."
Sadie took a few moments to answer, which scared the heck out of Marilyn. She was sure their chances where shot now.
She smiled. "I like your answer. I can tell you love your husband very much and would be sufficient at protecting your child. I'd like to see the outside now please."

 Marilyn lead her outside to Dalton's garden. They had freshened it up during the week.
"Oh. Very nice, its a little small out here. Then again there's always the parks." Sadie smiled. "I'm very impressed with your garden sir."
"Thank you." Dalton said without looking up, he hated to be interrupted while gardening.
"Let's go back inside." Marilyn suggested.

----------
The ladies stayed inside talking by themselves until Dalton came in and formally met Sadie. They all talked for a few hours until Sadie announced she had to leave, so Marilyn showed her out.

 "So I have to ask, how are our chances of getting approved?" Marilyn asked cautiously.
Sadie smiled and leaned in. "You're already approved. I gave you my seal of approval as we were talking with your husband."
"I don't get to meet the little boy before he comes over?" Marilyn was a little confused. "Maybe he won't like us, oh no that would be horrible!"
"Calm down. I'm sure he'll love you, but I will do a follow up visit to talk to him privately."

 They waved to each other as Sadie left. Marilyn felt amazing about her visit, she couldn't wait to meet the little boy who she would be taking care of.



~~~~~~~~~~
Boring things are done! New character coming in next chapter! Woot! I can't wait to see him, I haven't actually played to the part of the getting the little guy though.

4 comments:

  1. lol Dalton! He's totally out there all while looking at Marilyn. Loved his thoughts about how the sink was dirty enough to come to life. haha!
    Yay! Congrats to Marilyn and Dalton on getting approved! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wasn't the dialogue I was thinking of when I took that picture, but when I started writing and looking at it more I realized he didn't look like he was paying much attention to her. Boom! A more interesting dialogue was born! lol. I love the picture of him smiling, he's just so charming, I'd feel for him if he was real. xD
      He's uhm an interesting little boy to say the least, I wasn't expecting to get what I thought I would.

      Delete
  2. LOL! The sink thing :p I'm guessin Dalton has the neat trait?
    Oh, I can't wait to meet the baby!!!
    *checks to see if there's a new chapter*
    Sorry, I realised after commenting on the last one, that there was still this one to read! I dunno what happened, I must've somehow overlooked them when they came up on my dashboard. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually he doesn't, but I believe he has the perfectionist trait.
      I'm not giving them a baby yet :3 they're getting a child and he's something I've never played before so it should be fun.

      Delete