Thursday, February 28, 2013

1.3: Little Talks

Marilyn ate her cereal nervously this morning. Dalton had already ate and went out to tend to his garden for the day so she didn't have him to lean on yet. 

Finally the time came for Marilyn to go visit her doctor. 
"Call me when you get the good news!" Dalton was always the one to keep positive and keep everyone's spirits up. It never failed. That's one of the reasons she fell in love with this loon.
"I will honey, keep your fingers crossed for me." Marilyn finally let go of him and headed out the door.

With sweaty palms and shaky legs, Marilyn slowly walked into the hospital. She felt nausea, but it was just from being so terribly nervous. She didn't want to let Dalton down if she found out she couldn't have kids, what would it do to their relationship? No matter what the verdict was, she knew Dalton would still love her no matter what and she would love him just the same.

While Marilyn went to the doctors, Dalton had caught word that there was a Simfest going on in Verde Park. Usually it was him and Marilyn that went to Simfests together, but since she was busy he decided to check it out. Every time they would go to one Mar "oooo" and "ahhh" at everyone one stage and nudge him in the side telling him that he would see her up there one day. Dalton was Marilyns' biggest fan. He knew she would make it big and he would be in the crowd screaming his head off, hopefully with their child by his side.

After hanging around the festival, eating weird food, and just being lonely, Dalton tried calling Marilyn. It'd had been hours since she went to the doctors and should have called him by now. He tried calling her a few more times before heading home.

"Marilyn?" Dalton called as soon as he walked in the house. He saw her bike outside and rushed in without even closing the door.
"Mar! Come on, I know you're home Marilyn." He called again when he heard sniffling coming from their cracked open bedroom door.

"Birdie.." Dalton sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. Birdie was the nick name Dalton gave Marilyn when they were teenagers. They had some of the same classes together throughout high school and she was always singing, Dalton told her that she sounded like a song bird so he started calling her birdie. Mar never protested against it so he still calls her that.

Dalton knew Marilyn wouldn't say anything until he broke her shell. It was always like that, she'd get into such a depressed state that it would actually hurt to start the conversation. So Dalton would say something completely stupid and make her crack up or give him an odd look.
"Ya know, I had one of those ice things today. What are they called again? Oh it doesn't matter. Anyways, I put on some blue flavoring, cause you know blue looks great on anything. They had a rainbow of colours, I swear it looked like a blasted fairy contraption! But it was delicious! I swear Mar, you should come with me to get one someday, it would make your life." Dalton explained excitedly, he hoped his senseless babbling would make her laugh like it use to.

And it worked. Marilyn giggled softly, and buried her face in her knees before shifting to get into a more comfortable position to talk to Dalton.
"You just have to make me talk don't you? Also, it's called an icee." She saw the blank look on his face, "The frozen ice you were just talking about. You're such an oblivious witch."
"So are you gonna tell me what happened today? I don't want to rush you, but I'm dying to know." He got comfortable and waited for her to begin.

"The doctors told me that my ovaries are damaged." She waited a moment, in case he wanted to say something, Dalton stayed still just listening. "All of those times I was in the hospital for the cysts is what they say caused the damage. I've had multiple surgeries trying to remove these cysts on my ovaries, the doctors failed to realize that the cysts where leaving scars so they didn't tell me that I might have trouble conceiving." She wanted him to say something this time so Marilyn just stopped all together.
"So will you never be able to have children?" He asked softly. "Will this kill you?"
That question he asked just straight out, not even thinking to soften it, it terrified him to lose Marilyn.
"No, they say by some miracle I'd be able to have a child, but it's very unlikely and might not ever happen. Also no, it won't kill me. It's not a disease that can spread throughout my body, it just affects one place."
"So what about adopting? We both want kids and I'm sure there are plenty of kids that need a home, and while we're taking care of them we can still try for out own." Dalton said thoughtfully.
After a few moments of silence Marilyn sighed. "Maybe, but right now I still have this on my mind."


Dalton smiled and pulled Marilyn up for a hug.
"I promise everything will be fine."
It made Marilyn smile too. She knew she had her best friend right here in her arms, and he wasn't going anywhere. She wasn't going to let this or anything bring her down again. Maybe adopting wouldn't be so bad after all.


~~~~~~~~~~
I have had no will to write at all lately, so I've figured out forcing myself to at least write a little bit each day would eventually lead to the end. 

I wanted to show more of their relationship in this chapter. I really hate the beginning of any story, I end up starting so slow because I want to get the relationships shown and people to know the characters. 

Terribly sorry it's horrible. 

13 comments:

  1. Aw, so sad! Marilyn wanted a kid so bad.
    It was nice seeing Dalton and Mar's relationship. He's kind of oblivious to stuff, but he's there for her, which is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, now I feel bad for telling her to suck it up :( I'm glad Dalton is being emotionally supportive though, that's important...and it makes him a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not horrible at all! Sometimes it is terribly hard to make your characters come to life when you're the only one who knows their history. You can do it! You've done three great chapters so far that have shown a lot of the personality of your sims. Don't give up!
    Ok, so Dalton is a cutie. Like I want to pinch his cheeks and take him home and beef him up so I can hug on him. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've always been afraid my writing skills aren't good enough, but seeing your comment makes me very happy since I love your legacy so much.

      Delete
    2. Aw! Well, thank you! And you never know if you don't try. So don't be afraid to put something out there.

      Delete
  4. Oh poor Marilyn! And Dalton was so sweet! It's so neat how he knows her so well, and knows how to get her to start talking.

    I also thought the last pic was rather poetic, with her mascara tears, hugging him, while their wedding pics look down at them. :)

    As to the writing---you're doing fine! I write in spurts myself, lol. Lots of chapters all at once---then nothing for a while, until the mood strikes me again. I hope you keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about that last picture being very poetic, but now I do! It actually wasn't supposed to be the last picture, I changed my mind at the last minute deciding that adding the other pictures would be an over kill.

      Thank you! With being a junior high school is trying to kick my butt, so that's what usually gets me into a terrible, not wanting to do anything mood. After the 19th of this month everything should be back to normal. (:

      Delete
  5. :'( but... but... Her green hair gene!

    Noooooo!!!!

    I hope they can have a child eventually, I really want the green hair.

    (Now I sound obsessed with green hair...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll just have to wait and see. I still have my other rolls to reveal. (:

      Delete
  6. Aww man. Cysts suck. Seriously. :( I just want to give her a big hug and tell her it will be OK and Dalton loves her anyway and there are a whole bunch of us who understand. *HUGS*

    Dalton is a sweetheart!

    And your writing is very good! Don't let the brain gremlins tell you otherwise! The characters are coming across very well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor Marilyn, I hope she manages to have a child of her own in time, but maybe she can give some of that love to an unwanted child in the meantime

    Welcome to the challenge btw

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need more Dalton! Give me some Dalton! lol. Hope everything is going well and we get some more of your story soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed your comment, I feel terrible that I didn't reply sooner. I have just posted another chapter and I promise I'm gonna get my story rolling soon, and your Dalton fix. (;

      Delete