Monday, September 2, 2013

1.13: Birthday!

"It's my birthday!" Leon yelled as he slid down the stairs, he had already heard his mother downstairs moving around. Sadly she was getting ready to cook, his mom always burned whatever she cooked.

Marilyn looked at her son in shock. "Leon James! Get off of there and go take a shower before you get hurt!"

"Why does she have to be so mean in the mornings? At least she's not the only one who has to endure her bad cooking." Leon drug himself into the bathroom and into the shower before his mom had a cow.

"Ew! Mom that counter is so dirty, why don't you ever clean it off before going to bed?"

"Yeah you better keep walking." She muttered under her breath. "Come over here so I'm in arms reach of you, you aren't grown up yet boy." Marilyn had quickly perfected the "almighty mom death" glare, it usually worked on both her son and her husband. The toddlers just laughed and picked their nose at her when she tried.

"Pssh, Moms." Leon rolled his eyes secretly then grinned. "I can clean it!" He pressed his fingers to his temples then concentrated.

Marilyn eyed him suspiciously, she wasn't exactly used to genie magick yet. "Leon?"

"Clean my little sparkles!"

"Yep this kid is officially weird and looking more like mine everyday." Marilyn smiled to herself softly.

"Dad!"

"Good morning kiddo, happy birthday too." Dalton swooped his son up in a hug.

"Breakfast!" Marilyn called.

"Wow Mom these are actually really good!" Leon said stuffing a bite in his mouth, ignoring the glare. "What are we doing today Dad?"

"Well you're going to school." He grinned at his sons upset face. "Then we might go to the fall festival again and go see that magician you wanted to see for so long. Is that okay momma?" Dalton looked at Mar like a little child.

"As long as you're back before we cut the cake."

"Yes!" Both Dalton and Leon grinned.

----------
Marilyn invited Jesse and his new found love over a little bit before Leons party started. She almost forgot she had a niece now, her name was Bethany and she was the same age as Willow and Asher.
"Sis, this is my girlfriend Joanne and our daughter Bethany. Joanne this is my baby sister Marilyn."

"Nice to meet you." Joanne mumbled, she seemed to be a little worn out.

"You're Joanne? You look so old!" Marilyn blurted out without thinking. "I mean, you look older than what my brother is used to dating! Oh well that doesn't sound very good either.." 

Joanne sighed, she was too old to be upset by that. "Calm down honey. I am a little older than your brother, but he's not the spring chicken either." She gave Marilyn a tired smile. "Would you mind holding Beth?"

Jesse just kind of stood there, he wasn't sure if this would turn into a fight now or later. Either way he was keeping his two cents out of it.

Marilyn happily took Bethany while Joanne went to the bathroom, this gave Jesse an opening to talk to his sister for a moment.

"I'm sorry for just blurting that out." 

"It's fine, just gave my heart a shudder." Jesse placed his hand on his chest, being overly dramatic. "Though I'm glad you two are getting along. So where are my niece and nephew?"

"I put them down for a nap right before you arrived." Marilyn stated, eyeing her brother.

"May I go see them? I especially want to see that little girl of yours."

"As long as you don't wake them up. I'd have to kill you."

"Oh she's so pretty!" Jesse whispered.

"Thank you."

"So are you going to introduce her to the family business? She's pretty enough to be a con artist, just make sure she knows how to act." He knew that he was going to get crap for even mentioning the family business, but he had to try.

Marilyn looked at her brother. "You are not suggesting that to my toddler. You know how I feel about it, so no. If I have it my way, she'll never even know about the business."

"Just wait till she gets older, she'll ask questions and I'll be there to answer." Jesse challenged his sister.

She stared at Jesse for a moment, then heard noises downstairs. "Looks like the party is starting and it's time for Leon to cut the cake."

"Oh by the way, I brought Leon some things to decorate his room with."

----------
Finally it was time for her first child to take the next step in life. Marilyn stared at her son as he changed right before her eyes.

Leon stared at the sparkles that surrounded him as he changed into a teenager. 

He wasn't sure why people were already look at him differently. He was a little taller, sure, and he now wore contacts instead of glasses. He was still the same kid, just a bit more grown-up.


----------
I absolutely love how Leon grew up! He's such a cutie. :3
Jesse just won't give up on getting at least one of Marilyn's children in the 'family business'. 

Life has given my senior class a slap in the face, it's also made me miss doing my random legacy.


Also this made me laugh so hard! xD I guess there were too many people in the house so the bathroom is the best place to eat his dinner.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome home! I mean... Welcome back. Yes, that's what I meant...

    Hey, don't worry. We all have life to fight against, some of us just have an easier time winning than others.

    Leon is soooo thin! But cute :)

    Yay! So at least one kid got the green hair. How about the other? (I can't remember which one is which, and we only saw one)

    Hope you get more time soon! Missed you! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to be back! :)

      That's what I'm slowing figuring out, that and I'm not as invincible as I originally thought.

      I know! Stared at him in envy for the longest time. >_<

      Willow has green hair, Asher has orangeish hair. Don't worry you'll be seeing a lot more of the toddlers in the next chapter.

      Missed you too! *hugs* I better get time while I'm not working. xD Some day I'll catch up to you in posts!

      Delete
    2. Supposed to be an I in front of stared. My fingers are tired of typing. xD

      Delete
  2. Woot! You're back! Awesome! I just want to lick Mar's hair through the screen. I imagine it's totally lemon lime yumminess.

    *snort! Marilyn's comment at her brothers girlfriend. Ha! That almost seemed like something Dalton would say too. Maybe he's rubbing off on her more than she knows. ;)

    And just what did Marilyn's dubiously intentioned brother bring for Leon to decorate his room with hmm?

    Oooh, Leon is Lean. And quite a cutie!

    Aw! Here's hoping things get a little better. Senior year can be pretty tough early on, but by the end of the year it's a lot lighter. Don't worry about it too much. But YAY! I'm so glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha xD I'll never read my comments from this at school ever again! I don't think my teacher liked the snorting and laughing coming from my mouth.

      Dalton just has that craziness that's contagious, I swear it has been passed on to Leon also! Which I was actually shocked when I saw that this was Jesse's girlfriend too..

      Oh nothing! Just more 'grown-up' things hehehe. ;)

      Thank you. I never imagined it to be this hard! I came in thinking that I was gonna just be amazing this year. Nope. Life had different plans.

      Delete