Thursday, May 16, 2013

1.9: Big Brother.

"Jessie Stewart White. What are you doing here?" Marilyn repeated the question a little more strongly when her brother continued to sit there and smile like an idiot instead of answering.

 Jessie finally stood up, only to get the lecture of a lifetime.

"I cannot believe you had the guts to show up at my show unannounced after years of not talking, or visiting! Who do you think you are?! Mom and dad said they hadn't spoken to you in years either, what's that about?"

"Well hello, and nice to see you too sis."

Oh but Marilyn wasn't done.

"Oh yeah great to see you too! It was awesome to see you at my wedding or at anyone else's wedding or when dad was in the hospital. Great memories!"

"Whoa Mar, can we talk calmly?"

"No, we can not! I still need to yell at you because you really hurt me! I hated you so much, you were selfish and an idiot and mean and a big jerk! By the way you aren't exactly a teen anymore, learn to dress like it."

Now she was done.

Jessie gave her a once over and scowled.

"Well you're one to talk about attire with that dress. Are you an aspiring vocalist or the lady of the night? I can't believe your goof of a husband let you out in that, oh what am I kidding he probably doesn't even notice you're gone."

"Hey! You have no right to talk about Dalton like that, only I can. Yes, he's a goof, but he's my lovable goof. Can you just explain why you are here then go away again?"

"I'm glad you asked little sister, but first I must tell you why I've been gone so long." He paused and waited for her head nod of approval before continuing. "I've been off on secret business investigating the fae. Well the dark fae. Either way, just stay away from the faeries with the dark coloured wings, they've been proving to be bad news. We don't have any proof that the light winged fae are a threat or even a bother to investigate, but I'd be weary of them too."

"Secret investigation? You are one of the best con artists in the world, right after mom, and that's all you could come up with? Come on Jessie, give me the truth. My guess is that you were using your skills to pick up young ladies who fall into your trap."

"It's the truth! Don't bring the family business into this little sister, though my skills are the reason I got the assignment in the first place. My job has no need for thieves like yourself, just con artists and spies."

"I am not-" Marilyn stopped and looked at herself in the mirror. She saw the need of stealing start to creep up on her. The hands that had quickly stolen anything from candy bars to gems, they had been through so much. Just because her brother was in town didn't mean she had to go back to that life.

"Mar? Earth to Marilyn, is anyone home?" Jessie looked curiously at his sister.

"Huh? Oh yeah sorry." Marilyn looked at him like he was a stranger.

 "Like I was saying, I am not a thief anymore. I refuse to bring that into my family, you will not go anywhere near my children with these wild stories. Understand?"

"Oh but darling you would have made the best con artist, you're so pretty. I don't understand why you had to be like the other boys and choose the boring life of a thief." He smiled at the mention of her children. "So I'm an uncle? Oh this is great! I must meet them and tell them everything."

"My soul. Did you not just hear a word I said? No telling them of our family you idiot. Besides, right now you have one nephew and he's my adopted son, Leon."

"I can't wait to meet the little guy!"

"Not until you promise not to tell him anything."

 "Oh dear sister, I will do your bidding and keep my mouth shut!" He shouted as if he was a little intoxicated. "I hope that you may look in your black heart and forgive me for I am deeply sorrowful for the pain I have caused."

"You are an idiot. Yes I forgive you, moron."

"Thank you so much, I really have missed you." He closed his eyes and whispered. "Don't forget what I said about the fae, sis, please."





~~~~~~~~~~
Alright so this was more of informational post that will hopefully shine some light on Marilyns background. Also it'll be needed for future posts. I'm so ready for my legacy to speed up a bit, I have so much more interesting things planned.
Also, I'm terrible with dialogue, excuse me.  

4 comments:

  1. Oooohhh!! So Marylin has a dark past she doesn't want anyone to know about? Does Dalton know?!
    ARGH! The suspense!!! Post again, quick!!!!

    Lol! And you're not bad a dialog, don't worry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, Dalton does know. I'll give you that much. Though my next posts won't be as good as this one, though I think you'll like what's about to happen.

      Thank you, that's one thing I worry about.

      Delete
  2. Yay! A new chapter! *happy dance

    Wait a second. Marilyn used to be a thief??? And Mommy and brother are con artists and it's a family business? Wow. So then the question becomes is brother trustworthy enough that Marilyn doesn't need to tell Dalton immediately. Or her boys. Or will she tell them that her brother is in town and is bad news just to try and protect them? I can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give you a little. Yes, it's a family business, Mar, her father, and the rest of her brothers are thieves, while her mother and Jessie are con artists. Can't trust anyone but family, they have a very close knit family so yes she can trust him.

      Delete