Sunday, May 19, 2013

1.10: Fall

The air had a slight nip to it lately as the first days of fall arrived. The night Marilyn had met her brother again, after years of no communication, she decided just to give her husband the watered down version of that night, only telling him that she had seen him, they talked a bit, and that he was staying there in Starlight Shores. He was completely oblivious since the cold air had made all of his plants dormant, that was nothing new, the cold air might be stopping his garden for a season or two but he was about to have another joy in his life.
----------


It's five o'clock in the morning! What is going on with me?! Marilyn moaned and groaned before running off to the bathroom to puke once again. It had been happening almost every night/early morning, for the past week or so, it was getting old.

----------
"Mar, honey, what are you wearing?" Dalton decided to point out as soon as everyone sat down that morning. 

"I have no clue what you're talking about dear." Marilyn said tight lipped, not looking up at her irritating husband. 

Dalton just grinned. "Now sugar, I know the reason you're wearing that ridiculous outfit is because you've been gaining a little weight. I mean it looks good on you and I love you all the same, but maybe you should try to make it less noticeable or go work out."

Leon just sat there awkwardly watching his parents have one of their famous passive-aggressive arguments while Marilyn stopped suddenly stunned by what her husband just said.


  "Excuse me?! Did you just call me fat? Is that what I just heard come out of your mouth?" Marilyn gave him 'the stare' challenging him to answer her question.

Sadly Dalton took that challenge, and Leon shoveled breakfast down his throat to catch his bus and get out of this awkward situation.

"Yes, that is exactly what I said. Go workout and eat less."

"I really just want to strangle you right now. Leon close your eyes, I don't want you to see mommy killing your father." Marilyn seriously contemplated wrapping her hands around Dalton's scrawny neck. Though he didn't seemed to be phased by it at all and actually enjoyed.
----------
Later on that day Sadie came over to do her check up on Leon and to talk about Marilyn and Dalton adopting again. She brought her new born daughter with her, Marilyn was quickly drawn to the child.

 "Awww who's a pretty little darling? You are!" Marilyn cooed and giggled over Sadie's daughter. "You're so lucky, I wish she was mine." She smiled at the wore out looking Sadie, she didn't realize the work it was to have your own child yet.

"Oh Sadie you just sit down and relax, we'll take care of Elena." Marilyn smiled and started to stand up from her chair.

"There's really no need, I can take care of her myself." Sadie said softly, she hated working and carrying her baby around but she had no one else to take care of her.

"We have this, besides Dalton needs the practice." Marilyn stood up to had baby Elena off to her clapping idiot of a husband.

"Yay! I get to hold baby Elena!" He grinned and happily took the baby and walked away.

Sadie whispered and smiled. "You two have such a happy marriage."

"Come on baby Elena, lets get you away from those batty old women. You're so pretty, I want one just like you." He kissed the top of her nose, making both of them giggle. Sadie couldn't help but be worried with Dalton holding her child.

"Aww is someone hungry?" He asked Sadie for a bottle then continued to coo over the baby while he fed her. The women were talking but he couldn't hear them over the T.V. and didn't care too much to try. It wasn't any of his business to listen to girl gossip.

The women talked for the longest time, Dalton didn't mind though since he was holding a baby. Marilyn's phone started to ring and she got up.

"Well it seems I have to go, I have some jobs waiting for me. Thank you for your time, I'll call the contractors out tonight and we'll hopefully get expanding." She quickly said then ran to her room to change and left the house.

"Where'd my wife go?" Dalton turned around stunned to see Mar gone.

"She went to work. Hows my baby?"

"She's perfect." He grinned and played with her chubby cheeks. "Leon's home, I'm just gonna go play with your baby somewhere else."

"So Leon, how do you like it here? Have any chores or activities?"

"I like to clean. I take out the trash when it gets full or when mom tells me to. Dad doesn't mind a messy house, he likes to garden and we go search for bugs and other ingredients." Leon continued happily talking about garbage and how he uses his powers to clean the house.

"So how are your studies?"

Leon took a moment to think. "My grades are good I think, my parents tell me good job all the time so I think that's good. I want to join a club, but I don't know which one yet." And that's when she lost his mind to the T.V., he normally doesn't get to watch it so it was distracting.

Dalton finally came back into the living room as Sadie was leaving, he reluctantly handed Elena over to her mother.

"Well Leon seems happy and as soon as the other little boy is a toddler we'll arrange a meeting. I hope you guys get to expanding quickly, this house is becoming a little too small."
Dalton just smiled not registering what she just said. "Wait what? Expanding? Another little boy? When did this happen?" He looked confused.

"Dad, the T.V.s broken!"

"Wait till your mother gets home son, go work on your homework." He said to Leon then looked back at Sadie but she was already leaving.

"I don't know what your fascination with bugs is, but please for the love of Plumbob don't bring any around your mother." Dalton and Leon were having one of their nightly conversations over Dalton making dinner.

"Yeah, yeah. Careful dad that spaghetti's gonna burn."

"Hey dad, is mom pregnant?" Leon asked randomly.

"Pregnant? Where did you get that idea?" 

Leon shrugged, "Well she has been gaining some weight and I hear her throwing up all the time since my room is near the bathroom. She said her back was hurting earlier too."

That made Dalton stop and think for a few minutes. Had their dream come true? While he was thinking the spaghetti was burning like Leon warned. Though nothing could kill the good mood he was in now.

Thankfully Leon had a power no one knew about and after he cleaned the house he summoned up some food. They ate quietly, the only talking was Dalton warning Leon not to tell Marilyn about the food and him thanking Leon for the delicious dinner. Dalton was mostly in his own little world, lost in the thoughts of babies and diapers. He had to start being a little nicer to Marilyn.




~~~~~~~~~~
Oh Dalton. He's such a fun character to write, even though he likes to forget half the things I tell him to do. Though I really wanted to show his lovingness when it came to babies.(Even though Sadie bringing a child was completely unplanned.)
It has almost been confirmed that Marilyn may be pregnant! I hope it's a witch like Dalton or he'd have a panic attack.

4 comments:

  1. I love Dalton. He's such a goob. And Leon taking up the slack for Dalton's absent mindedness is really sweet. At least he's happy. And what do you mean, almost??? Almost pregnant? No way! I can't wait to see how she reacts when she finds out! Or the reaction when she tells Dalton.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've been working on the reactions, I'm not sure how I'm gonna do Daltons yet. It'll either be in the chapter after the next or the next one. I like making you wait :3

      Delete
  2. <3 YESSSSS :D
    WOOOOO!!!
    YAAAAYYY!!

    I'm so glad they're going to have their own child. I don't care if it's a witch, I want it to have green hair, please.
    I wonder how they'll get on with a baby, a toddler and a child?!

    Also, Dalton was reallllllly rude! I'd have strangled him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha goodness you guys work fast o.o

      I'm ready for this kid too, it's been waaay too long.
      I wonder how I'm gonna get on with those three.

      Delete